Welcome to the Southern California
Al-Anon Area* Web Site
Southern California World Service Elections
There will be an election for SCWS Officers at the Assembly Meeting on November 18, 2017. Please read the Election Procedures as well as the Officer and Coordinator Job Descriptions found on the Assembly and Committee Meeting Presentations webpage, click here and go to Elections and Officer and Coordinator Job Descriptions.
To see the Officer Resume Forms submitted for the November 18, 2017, election, click on the names below:
If you are considering applying for a SCWS Coordinator position you will:
- Complete the Coordinator Position Resume. It needs to be emailed to our Delegate and Chairperson on or before December 1 by 9:00 p.m. (See instructions for Resume Form, click here for Resume Form. For instructions on completing the resume form, click here. Make sure to download and save the file before you fill it out.)
- The application needs to be submitted to the current Delegate and Chairperson by December 1 by 9:00 p.m.
- Coordinator positions will be appointed by the newly elected Officers together with the present and Immediate Past Delegate.
SCWS Al-Anon Longtimers Meeting
Don't forget to register for our 2017 SCWS Al-Anon Longtimers Meeting on October 21, 2017. Click here for information and registration form.
By-Laws Information for SCWS Assembly on November 18, 2017
Group Registration Form Now Online
Click here to go to the new Online Registration Form.
Link for Professionals Wanting Information About Al-Anon
Click here to go to the Al-Anon Family Groups webpage for professionals.
SCWS Officers and Coordinators for 2015-2017
See Contact Us webpage to send messages to any of the following:
- Delegate - Elizabeth K.
- Alternate Delegate - Marcia M.
- Immediate Past Delegate - Jayme C.
- Chairperson - CB S.
- Secretary - Sandy P.
- Treasurer - Eva B.
- Alateen Sponsor Coordinator - Tarisa R.
- Area Alateen Process Person - Gerry (Bear) W.
- Archives Coordinator - Dan P.
- Bulletin Coordinator - Jim B.
- Cooperating with the Professional Community (CPC) - Mary C.
- Group Records Coordinator - Donna E.
- Hospitality Coordinator - Judy P.
- Institutions Coordinator - Billy M.
- Literature Coordinator - Kathleen G.
- Public Information Coordinator - Rose S.
- Website Coordinator - Irene C.
This Website's Purpose
To provide members of all Southern California Al-Anon Family
Groups (AFG) with information pertaining to the Southern
View the California South Area Map
* The 'California South Area' is incorporated with the name
"Southern California World Service AFG, Inc." often
referred to as SoCal World Service. To learn more about the area
incorporation, read the details.
Al-Anon's Suggested Preamble to The Twelve Steps
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and
friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength,
and hope, in order to solve their common problems. We believe
alcoholism is a family illness, and that changed attitudes
can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political
entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any
controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There
are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through
its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics.
We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and
giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding
and encouragement to the alcoholic.
For a description of what Al-Anon is
here to view the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc.'s
World Wide Web Site.
here to see the members' web site that the AFG WSO prepares
with valuable information for Al-Anon members.