Welcome to the Southern California
Al-Anon Area* Web Site
Alternate Delegate Position Opening
An Interim Alternate Delegate has been appointed pending election of a new Alternate Delegate at our upcoming May 2016 SCWS Assembly. For the job description, click here. For the resume form, click here. This resume form is a fillable PDF form. If you have trouble using the form as a fillable form, please download and open in Acrobat Reader. For each response, please do not type beyond the available space visible on the form.
SCWS Officers and Coordinators for 2015-2017
See Contact Us webpage to send messages to any of the following:
- Delegate - Elizabeth K.
- Interim Alternate Delegate - Pete B.
- Immediate Past Delegate - Jayme C.
- Chairperson - CB S.
- Secretary - Sandy P.
- Treasurer - Eva B.
- Alateen Sponsor Coordinator - Cathleen C.
- Area Alateen Process Person - Tarisa R.
- Archives Coordinator - Dan P.
- Bulletin Coordinator - Christy R.
- Cooperating with the Professional Community (CPC) - Melva C.
- Group Records Coordinator - Donna E.
- Hospitality Coordinator - Judy P.
- Institutions Coordinator - Billy M.
- Literature Coordinator - Kathleen G.
- Public Information Coordinator - Rose S.
- Website Coordinator - Irene C.
This Website's Purpose
To provide members of all Southern California Al-Anon Family
Groups (AFG) with information pertaining to the Southern
View the California South Area Map
* The 'California South Area' is incorporated with the name
"Southern California World Service AFG, Inc." often
referred to as SoCal World Service. To learn more about the area
incorporation, read the details.
Al-Anon's Suggested Preamble to The Twelve Steps
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and
friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength,
and hope, in order to solve their common problems. We believe
alcoholism is a family illness, and that changed attitudes
can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political
entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any
controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There
are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through
its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics.
We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and
giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding
and encouragement to the alcoholic.
For a description of what Al-Anon is
here to view the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc.'s
World Wide Web Site.
here to see the members' web site that the AFG WSO prepares
with valuable information for Al-Anon members.